Hangar 18
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield 3

5 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Battlefield 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: Battlefield 3

Post  Alterz Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:05 am

Got a few demos queued for download at hte minute, so adding this to that queue now, should be late tonight or tomorrow night Ill get stuck in.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:12 am

Alterz wrote:Got a few demos queued for download at hte minute BUT MADE BATTLEFIELD 3 A PRIORITY DOWNLOAD, so adding this to that queue now, should be late tonight or tomorrow night Ill get stuck in.

Fixed. Cool It's THAT good! Takes a bit of getting used to the level but once you get the layout of it, it's great fun!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:14 pm

Just got this downloaded tonight and thought Id give it a try....

and didnt.

Didnt get connected to a single game, nothing wrong with my net for once, but never really a great start with a demo, EA never seem to bother upping their servers, pain in the arse, no ever actually got playing the game.

THAT SAID.

The UI.

If that interface isnt changed by the time the game comes out, I'd seriously consider cancelling my preorder with Amazon. That interface is SHOCKINGLY poor, and my god, has anyone tried to navigate in the options menu?! I thought I would go into a seizure if I had to look at that ungodly awful "interference" type jolting of the screen each time. Christ I hope they do away with that, or at least give you the option to turn it off, because not only is it a really annoying addition, its actually rather sore for the eyes to take.

Still, Ill make an opinion on the game itself when I can get around to playing a game, hopefully 5pmish tomorrow itll work!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:14 pm

As its a beta they themselves said it's a bit buggy etc but I thought the menus were ok albeit with a lot going on! Cablnt say I had any trouble finding a game but seeing as it's later on it could be more difficult trying to get one with increase in yank users online. Canna wait for a months time!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:07 am

Oh aye, always going to be plenty of bugs and issues within Alpha and Beta releases, know all about them meself as I do linux beta testing, but getting no access is typical of EA, dont bother up their servers. When the game arrives Im half tempted just to sit on the single player for a few days, as theres no chance of getting on those servers.

Ill try early tonight and early tomorrow morning again - pre yank times - but still have to say, that interface actually gives me a headache when scrolling through things, especially in the likes of the options menu, real bad stuff that.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:44 pm

Interestingly many sources are saying that this is the alpha build which has been released, which helps explain the bugs gremlins in the system. Despite the bugs and roughness of the alpha, I still found it very enjoyable. Also as it's only a 1.3gb download it's likely it's been condensed down in many aspects
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:18 pm

lol, tisnt an earlier build than the Beta, if it was youd know about it, trust me! It wouldnt work this well....at all!

as for the game....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnQcQivlESw

..........MOTHER....OF .....GOD....
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:05 am

Alterz wrote:lol, tisnt an earlier build than the Beta, if it was youd know about it, trust me! It wouldnt work this well....at all!....

Believe me, if you saw some of the things I've seen in it, you might think otherwise!

As for the video - winnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Can't wait to try out fighter jets! Just hope there's a mode in single player where you can try it out and get some practice with them
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:50 am

From DICE General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson, regarding the beta...

The Battlefield 3 Open Beta is based on software that is more than one month old. We need to test the new back end dedicated server structure we’ve built. Not only have we built a new game engine, but an entirely new back end system so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of dedicated servers on all platforms.
Just like normal procedure when releasing a game, the Open Beta has had long lead times due to testing, certification, and setting up. This means that the code you are now playing is actually quite early and not representative of the final game.
We had to do this in order to have as many people testing as possible, in order to ensure a top quality experience when the game is released. However, we’re confident in the Battlefield formula and confident that our fans will support us in order to make Battlefield 3 better.

Knew it wasn't the latest build of the game, far too many bugs/glitches for it to be a build one month from release. Hopefully it will look even more awesome once released!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:56 pm

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-3/1199191p1.html
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:21 pm

No real surprise I guess, as with any Battlefield multiplayer is the main focus for them. Still will be fun to have a blast in the single-player here and then. The AI sounds as though it's just replicating COD though, especially from going from A to B and knocking down doors, barriers etc. Halo still does the best enemy AI - play Halo Reach on Legendary mode - absolute nightmare to take down the most basic of enemies - flanking you, dodging shots, ganging up on you, hiding behind cover - thats the way to do it!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Nothing will ever come close to the original Unreal for AI ...the intelligence in those bastards in 1997 was unreal. ....no pun.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:41 pm

ZING!!!!!

Aye Unreal's AI in general is usually very good.

Seems Battlefield's single player is trying a little too hard to be like COD... Clicky
I'm all for them trying to steal some of the COD fanbase but completely emulating/copying COD in terms of single player isnt a great way to do it
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Cant say Im looking forward to the single player much, bar one or two fun missions in the last BF, I thought it was poor, and wouldnt bother my arse doing it again, only reason why I still have the game is simply because of the multiplayer in it.

I hear this game is to be more serious than the rag rag crowd in the last one, might be worth a look, the tank mission looks fun and a few other things look appealing but tis multiplayer for me.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Leaked at lunchtime. all over the internets.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:13 am

Saw the news about it being leaked, but its strange that there's been very little other news of it since.

Only found out about this, which is quite a nice touch. Good that it's optional as well... Clicky
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:11 am

Thats pretty good news, means itll look sexy.

As for the leak, no one will want to talk about it to avoid people downloading it and cancelling an order.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:32 am

Alterz wrote:
As for the leak, no one will want to talk about it to avoid people downloading it and cancelling an order.

Or facing the wrath of DICE's banhammer!

The idea of the optional high res texture pack is nice, will deffs be installing it ftw.
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:03 am

So far Ive installled everything Ive played, still a good 170gb left on HD, doubt thatll be filling any time soon!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:03 am

I'll be the same, first thing will be to install it to HDD ftw
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:05 am

Ahh, only noticed there now that some 360s dont actually come with a HD, therefore this is why it makes news. Wasnt aware.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:46 am

Aye strange though considering it's only really the oldest 360s that don't have them. Especially considering the amount of data you have to save when playing various games
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:01 am

Come to think of it...how would that work then?!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:58 am

Turns out that an xbox without a hard drive included has something like 200mb internal memory - my bro got one a few years back and it didn't have a hard drive with it although due to the memory within he was at least able to save his game data until he ordered himself a hard drive. Must just be for people who obviously don't play much or just play FIFA and COD all the time, and nothing else. Most likely just a way for Microsoft to aim the Xbox at casual gamers at quite a reasonable price.
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:07 am

Load of reviews already out - as expected, the Multiplayer gets class reviews and the single player is a bit shit, thought that tbh. Find out Friday!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum