Hangar 18
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fifa 12 vs PES 2012 vs.... missing a footy game altogether

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fifa 12 vs PES 2012 vs.... missing a footy game altogether Empty Fifa 12 vs PES 2012 vs.... missing a footy game altogether

Post  Gerbilmuncher Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:11 am

In relation to Fifa..... i actually have no words to describe what I just watched.

See below:

Those with pre-orders also get exclusive access to the new Mario Balotelli mode where every one-on-one results in a goal kick and an automatic subsitution.

Gerbilmuncher
Gerbilmuncher
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Fifa 12 vs PES 2012 vs.... missing a footy game altogether Empty Re: Fifa 12 vs PES 2012 vs.... missing a footy game altogether

Post  Alterz Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:32 am

Seriously, what the fuck did I just watch there?!

And as for Ballottelli...LOLZ.

Was it just me or was that stadium empty too?! Very realistic!

Wont be getting a new one, the PES11 was poor and Im still playing FIFA11, unless theres something specially new in FM2012 Ill not be getting it either.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Fifa 12 vs PES 2012 vs.... missing a footy game altogether Empty Re: Fifa 12 vs PES 2012 vs.... missing a footy game altogether

Post  Dave Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:24 am

That trailer was very inaccurate...City arent capable of pretty football. It also failed to mention that if you're City, you always get 5 yellow cards and 1 red per match, will get criticised for being boring and will always get beat by Man Utd in the last minute because they bottle it.

Shall be avoiding FIFA12 this year (far far too expensive for essentially an update). PES2012 is an unlikely buy but I shall wait for a demo to be released to make up my mind
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:44 am

After playing both demos for FIFA and PES, I think it's safe to say that I shall be avoiding purchasing either unless there is a significant price drop.

FIFA12 plays much the same as 11 in terms of passing, movement and shooting. The one difference is that they have completed SCREWED UP the defending aspect of the game. Defending in FIFA11 was fine and didn't really need tinkered with. In 12 it shows they're clearly running out of new innovative ideas and have dreamt up this "tactical defending" thing - basically (on Xbox) the A button puts pressure on an opponent, whereas with tackles using B, you really have to time it well or you'll miss your opponent. This all sounds fine in theory except for the fact that when you play it, it sucks. Added to this is the completely unnecessary jockeying technique. By holding LT your player shadows the run of the dribbler to allow you to make an easier tackle. Problem is, in order to make a tackle doing this, you literally have to hold down three different buttons while trying to move in the same direction as the opponent. Added to that, you can bring an extra player in to jockey the opponent (by holding RB) while your player can mark someone else, but again its more fiddly and awkward than it should be. And to show how awkward it is trying to defend, in my last match on regular mode, as Barca I finished the game with 34% possession. 34%!!!!

PES2012 is a definite improvement over last year's version, although it's still not quite "there" yet. Saying that I did have fun playing (not like stupid FIFA and its stupid defending) Passing, in particular one touch passing, is much quicker than before and running with the ball is more fluid and allows more precision in turning players etc (almost reminded me a bit of PES6). Defending is dead on, not much different regarding it, with the usual well timed pressure tackles or slides. AI is a fair bit smarter, allowing for teammates to run into space for through balls, getting in position to hold the ball up etc. One big issue with it though is shooting. It's far too sensitive in 2 aspects - power and direction. The power bar goes up far too quickly at the press of a button, and pushing the analogue any slight deviation from straight on at the net results in the ball going horribly, horribly wide (or over). PES also doesn't know whether it wants to be an arcade game or a realistic simulation. Some of its play is realistic but at times, running feels very arcadey in terms of the speed and how quickly they can change direction.

So I'm not getting either!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm

PES demo downloading now, played the FIFA demo tonight and have to say I will be sticking to 11 thank you very much. The interface is groggy and lazy, dont like sideways scrolling in games, but the defending aspect is a joke.

7 step tutorial before you start the game on how to defend?! Fuck Off, Ive been playing football games since World Cup Italia 90, I dont need to hold down 245 buttons to get the ball off someone.

Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Just played the PES demo, suffice to say I certainly wont be getting any football games for the forseable future bar FM2012. PES is identical to last year, feels a lot like a game and no as immersive, the first touches in it are awkward and it just feels like your playing a game with no real atmosphere.

FIFAs is still the worse out of the two though.

Either Buy FIFA 2011 or wait a while yet.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerbilmuncher Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:36 pm

just finished playing the fifa demo.

well after the new defence tutorial wtf?

theres actually nothing new in it... except they swapped a few buttons around. So instead of making it easier to defend its now more fiddly.

First glance it looked pretty awesome, but when the actual game kicked in it was pretty obvious they just put sparkles on a nice fresh turd.

Played a quick game of Barca vs Milan..... and lost 4-0. wtf? Defence was just terrible, as was the keeper. For the second half i decided to see how good the refs were, managed to break a few players with tackles from behind.... not a single free kick awarded.

Between Fifa and Pro Evo.... theyre both shite by the looks of it. So i'll be saving money plzkthnxbi Smile
Gerbilmuncher
Gerbilmuncher
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:02 am

Gerbilmuncher wrote:
well after the new defence tutorial wtf?

theres actually nothing new in it... except they swapped a few buttons around. So instead of making it easier to defend its now more fiddly.

First glance it looked pretty awesome, but when the actual game kicked in it was pretty obvious they just put sparkles on a nice fresh turd.

Exactly! It adds absolutely nothing new to the game, yet manages to sell it somehow to those silly enough to get it by putting it out as a new innovation, when in reality they've just changed the buttons round, made it more awkward and added the ability to shadow dribblers - which in practice is useless
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:05 am

Turns out you can revert to the old style of defending by changing it in wireless settings. Confusion as to whether or not it can be used online though. Still not purchasing anytime soon though
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Dave wrote:Turns out you can revert to the old style of defending by changing it in wireless settings. Confusion as to whether or not it can be used online though. Still not purchasing anytime soon though
So there is buttons that allow you to change it back to FIFA11.

No need to buy it then if I have FIFA11. Awesome EA, thanks Smile
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:36 pm

I honestly think the only reason they put this stupid tactical defending in this year is so that next year they have something to "fix" for it! Tried a few more games and it's just not getting any better. FIFA diehards say it's to make it more realistic but if anything tactical defending makes it the opposite, just waiting around for the attacker to come for you instead of pressing them. Fail. Adding the option to switch to classic defending defeats the need to actually even buy 12
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:40 pm

More realistic doesnt mean more fun, in fact, one of the greatest games ever - Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 proves this.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Wait? Tony hawks 2 wasn't realistic?!?! Tis a good point though, recent skateboarding games such as Skate, while still brilliant (especially the controls) it's just not as fun as a 2 minute run around a level in old school Tony hawks. PES5 and 6 weren't realistic but are still the best football games around
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Cant help but be surprised at all these amazing reviews for the new FIFA game... I also cant help but notice that the several times I played it, I thought it was cack.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:55 pm

I'm gonna be controversial here - I'm actually starting to enjoy it. After reading reviews recommending to keep at the new system I did so, and must say it is actually much better than the old style of defending. It needs a fair bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it is very good. Makes the games much more tactical and enjoyable. Still not paying full price though, although it is deffs an improvement over 11
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilroy Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:35 pm

I ordered it last night, should be here next week some time hopefully! The new system will be grand I'm sure when you get used to it.
Gilroy
Gilroy
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:00 pm

I have just been made aware that I have £22 worth of credit built up on my nectar card so I think a we'd saunter down to Argos is of the essence! When's it out?
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilroy Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Tomorrow (Y)
Gilroy
Gilroy
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:08 pm

WINNNnN!!1
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerbilmuncher Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 pm

I've got it on my rental list at lovefilm Razz

As bad as it was first time round im interested to see how it plays in an actual game once u get used to it for a bit.... also want to see how theyve ballsed up all the other modes Razz

Will know within a week or 2 how bad its got :p
Gerbilmuncher
Gerbilmuncher
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilroy Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:32 am

Fifa 12 is class. But fucking hell, I've probably played about 20 games or so now and I'm still getting used to this defending. Much more realistic and challenging. If you have a bad game defensively you will definitely lose.

My form is really wild though. Beat Sunderland 6-0 first game of the season, absolutely rock solid at the back. Then my next game I beat Arsenal 5-4!
Gilroy
Gilroy
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:50 am

Once you get your head round the defending (and it takes a while!) it is so much better than in FIFA11. Just need to stick with it. It is much more satisfying when you get a tackle in, especially a sliding tackle ftw. Playing online is much better than before due to the new Tiered "League" system.
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerbilmuncher Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:11 am

Nice work on the Thunderducks Dave Razz

Pity we're about a tenth as good as the game says we are Razz
Gerbilmuncher
Gerbilmuncher
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:38 am

I can't even use it on mine as I created it using my default account and my Xbox live is on my old hacked account.:-(
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerbilmuncher Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:21 am

Dave wrote:I can't even use it on mine as I created it using my default account and my Xbox live is on my old hacked account.:-(

surely you can bookmar it and download it to your new account as if someone else had made it?
Gerbilmuncher
Gerbilmuncher
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum