Hangar 18
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LA Noire looks win.

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LA Noire looks win. - Page 2 Empty Re: LA Noire looks win.

Post  Alterz Fri May 20, 2011 3:02 am

how old is it?
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri May 20, 2011 3:09 am

2007, but it runs on the HL Source engine which dates back from 2004/5. Doesn't work on Windows 7 64bit though. Which makes me sad Crying or Very sad Will have to dig out my xbox version!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri May 20, 2011 4:24 am

From /.

Several readers have tipped news of firmware updates causing problems for both Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3. The Xbox issue was caused by a recent update thought to be preparing the platform for a new disc format that gives developers another 1GB or so of space to work with. As it turns out, the real purpose seems to be piracy countermeasures. Microsoft acknowledged the issue and promised that affected users would receive a new 360S console and a free year of Xbox Live to compensate. The PS3 problem was highlighted by reports of overheating consoles while playing L.A. Noire on the recently-released 3.61 firmware. Rockstar Games initially confirmed that the firmware was causing the overheating, but later backtracked. They issued a joint statement with Sony saying that neither the game nor the firmware was the culprit, leaving users wondering what else it could be.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri May 20, 2011 4:29 am

I remember reading about that xbox issue with the new disc formats - very good of them to have a solution in place so quickly and a new xbox and years subscription to Live isnt shabby at all. Sony could have taken note of this.

As for the issue of LA Noire, I reckon your xbox will be fine, being one of the new ones. I heard somewhere that the cases have all been experienced on older premium and arcade models.

In the case of the Sony and Rockstar statement, seems a bit suspicious taking it back all of a sudden. I'm sure we will find out soon enough!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri May 20, 2011 4:32 am

Alterz wrote:affected users would receive a new 360S console and a free year of Xbox Live to compensate.

I am reading that right?!?!?!!? Seriously?!?!

Aye pretty sure my one is grand, only problem with it is a more serious one.... ITS NOT BEEN SWITCHED ON IN A WEEK!!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri May 20, 2011 4:41 am

Alterz wrote:
Aye pretty sure my one is grand, only problem with it is a more serious one.... ITS NOT BEEN SWITCHED ON IN A WEEK!!

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! Something must be done about this problem!!! Although saying that, yesterday was the first time I was on it in a rate long time Embarassed
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri May 20, 2011 4:48 am

Yeah have two days to get back into FF13, shoot some bastards in BF2 and own retards in FIFA.

If only my weekends were longer!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri May 20, 2011 4:59 am

Well you have 48 hours not including sleep, that works out roughly 16 hours per game! Although you could just spend the whole time playing Battlefield loL!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri May 20, 2011 5:04 am

After this week, uber sleeping tonight is due!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum