Hangar 18
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox Live Bannage

2 posters

Go down

Xbox Live Bannage Empty Xbox Live Bannage

Post  Dave Fri May 06, 2011 6:06 am

This is taken from the OXM Magazine. Tis a list of forum disputes and replies by mods regarding players getting banned for a variety of stupid reasons. Quite a funny read, as half the people are complete idiots. I LOLed... Q = player, A = Mod

Q - "Hi, posted earlier about my son's suspension and no help. Then I realised I did not put his Gamertag on the message. Would be helpful if someone could enlighten me as to why he has been suspended until 31/12/9999"
A - "Your son was exposing himself on camera in Uno."

Q - "My account "h is for hack" was banned for no reason and I would like it fixed."
A - "You were suspended for offering the sale of modified lobbies. Given your Gamertag I'm assuming you already knew that."

Q - "Alright what did me in?"
A - "Bio: "I can't tell you anything cuz Microsoft won't allow it...Wait do you think those hypocrites will ban me for this? Have fun taking over the world you [Mod Edit]""

Q - "I got banned because a friend reported someone saying they were on for 10 years and gave my Gamertag"
A - "That is not the reason you were permanently suspended. First, you were engagin in the sale of receipt of services, specifically for modified lobbies. Second, due to system tampering, your Avatar's skintone was screamingly Cyan."

Q - "My other account got banned just because I was expressing freedom of speech. I will do anything to get it unbanned"
A - "Actually, no. Your account was permanently banned for the harassment of Xbox Live staff. The First Amendment of the Constitution of the USA only applies to government censorship, not a private enterprise. Microsoft is a private enterprise. Sending a direct message expressing your severe racism, homophobia and using excessive profanity is unacceptable and warrants a harassment suspension. The fact that you decided to send it to me, on top of that, shows a distinct lack of common sense."

Q - "Why was my Gamerscore reset? I'll be honest, I let a friend mod two games, two! And you took away ALL my Gamerscore? I worked so hard on all my achievements...Almost had 35 games, done legit and I get it reset over TWO games? This makes me question my loyalty to Microsoft."
A - "I think you answered your own question there."

And my personal favourite...

Q - "This account here had same info and all I got was Code of Conduct. So why did one account get a warning and my other account get banned? This is not right."
A - "Thank you for pointing out our oversight, this has been corrected and a permanent suspension has been issued. We apologise for any confusion."

PWNED
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Xbox Live Bannage Empty Re: Xbox Live Bannage

Post  Alterz Fri May 06, 2011 6:28 am

This made me cry with laughter, I can imagine someone saying that to someone else -

Q - "Hi, posted earlier about my son's suspension and no help. Then I realised I did not put his Gamertag on the message. Would be helpful if someone could enlighten me as to why he has been suspended until 31/12/9999"
A - "Your son was exposing himself on camera in Uno."

This is also legendary, love the LOLZ MS must have sometimes -

Second, due to system tampering, your Avatar's skintone was screamingly Cyan.

Epic Lulz, brilliant.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri May 06, 2011 6:35 am

I LOLED when I read about them, especially the fact that so many of them pretty much dropped themselves in it lol. Strange to see that it was actually posted in the Official Xbox Magazine. Usually they wouldn't write articles such as that, but I'm going to guess it's something to do with the entire PS3 debacle and the fact that MS have security measure such as the ones above in action.

Still funny stuff though. There's another article which I may post entitled "How to get banned from Xbox Live"
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri May 06, 2011 6:52 am

They can afford to sit back and LOL at the minute, as long as they keep everything secure - and its MS so why wouldnt they - they should be grand, they can afford at the minute to sit back and laugh at things.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri May 06, 2011 7:15 am

True that. Was reading that "How to get banned from Xbox Live" but mostly refers to the processes relating to banning players due to multiple complaints of offensive Gamertags. Interestingly, they say only a fraction of 1% of all Xbox Live users have caused a problem, either through hacking, cheating or offensiveness.

Some of the threads on the Xbox forums regarding banning are actually quite funny, with so many people actually thinking that they're innocent. Epic lulz...

http://forums.xbox.com/36420949/ShowPost.aspx
http://forums.xbox.com/36421079/ShowPost.aspx
http://forums.xbox.com/36420146/ShowPost.aspx

You get some proper idiots online
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content