Hangar 18
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield 3

5 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Battlefield 3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Battlefield 3

Post  Alterz Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vQxNfJ2u14

win.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Was always getting this for the multiplayer ftw. Encouraging to see many reviews saying that it's the best multiplayer out there since Bad Company 2. IGN review makes me very happy. Can't help but notice the campaign is very COD-ish, but I suppose that's their way of pinching COD users.

Can't help but notice that with the HD pack installed, it looks absolutely fantastic on Xbox, despite people moaning about the graphics...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN9xPvzwt2w&feature=related
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:16 am

Mine has been posted Smile
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 am

Alterz wrote:Mine has been posted Smile

Ditto. Let winnage commence! Battlefield 3 - Page 5 369127 Battlefield 3 - Page 5 369127 Battlefield 3 - Page 5 369127
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:34 am

And I am first to play it Smile

My...god...
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Several points to make on the game so far.

Multiplayer.
I havent a fucking clue yet. Ive not got on the EA servers yet so I cant say for now.

Graphics/Sound.
Stunning. The game itself sounds fantastic and its unreal to look at, the 1.6gb installation of the HD renders really helps, it looks unreal.

Single Player.
A lot more interesting than BC2, Its a lot more serious but a brave bit more fun. Shame it feels like Im playing Black Ops or Modern Warfare though. AI has improved, its still not great, but its improved at least, baddies know to get the hell out of the way of your bullets, and try to flank you, which is nice to see. DICE2 engine is fantastic though.

Controls.
When certain things happen in the single player mode, a button will appear on screen that you have a second at best to hit it - this is both fecking annoying and makes the game feel a bit silly, especially when the buttons change each time.

Good game so far, just need to wait on the servers working.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerbilmuncher Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:25 am

Alterz wrote:

Good game so far, just need to wait on the servers working.

If its EA servers you might be in for a bit of a wait Razz
Gerbilmuncher
Gerbilmuncher
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:56 pm

I got it today and have had no issues with the servers. If anything, they are very good, especially having dedicated servers. Thoughts on the game imminent...
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Im actually REALLY enjoying the single player, aside from the god awful "press this button to climb/punch guy/stab bloke" at said point, just like God of War.

Still not got on the Multiplayer, but not had the chance yet, Itll be late tomorrow night probably.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:05 pm

This helps keeping me moist...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/10/battlefield-3-multiplayer-the-evolution-of-aggression.ars

They got social networking integrated into a game that is trying to be the biggest seller of the year - I reckon they sussed it with the social side, theyve saw how important that is these days online, fair play to em.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Just got playing the multiplayer for about an hour there.

BEST. MULTIPLAYER. EVER.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:33 am

After flying around in jets a while I have come to one conclusion...

The maps are oddly enough FAR to small for jets, youve cleared the whole map in 3 seconds, rather annoying!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:23 am

There are two reasons for this -

1. Map sizes on the consoles had to be compromised in order to accommodate 24 players

2. Are you playing mostly conquest? If so, you'll find that flying jets is better suited to Rush mode, where the maps are much larger. Conquest mode only shows a tiny glimpse of each map - especially damavand peak where all it has is a big tunnel and two ends to it. In Rush mode, there's a descent downhill, a 2 mile vertical base jump from a helipad, a construction yard, and then the tunnel itself.

Saying that, flying jets is awesome fun, although can't understand why so many people have been moaning about controlling them. Tank roadkills ftw Very Happy
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:49 am

Aye Im playing across all modes at the minute and still find them too small, constantly having to turn to stay in the map is odd, shame the maps had to be shrunk down.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:59 am

This is why I wish my laptop was powerful enough to run it - if it was, I would have got PC version. Saying that, it is still ruddy awesome and pretty much the best multiplayer I have played probably since Counter Strike
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Right here are my thoughts after completing the single player and clocking up a few good hours in multiplayer...

The campaign is largely forgettable. Essentially a corridor shooter where you are led by the hand near enough the whole way through. It was obviously designed to attract newcomers and steal some of CODs fanbase. To be honest, it's probably not good enough to do either. The gunplay is good no doubt, but there are far too few awesome set pieces to make it an awful lot of fun. The story itself is ok, nothing too complicated but also nothing that hasn't been seen in other shooters. And the ending is awful. There are a few awesome parts in the story (tanks, the fighter jet sequence, the first level in Iran, the Caspian Border and the assault on the villa) but too much of it is just a shooting gallery. I must say that Bad Company and Bad Company 2 both had much better campaigns after completing BF3. They made use of the destruction available and gave you wide open areas to play around in. Generally much more fun as well. However, a certain Glenn Morshower makes up for it a bit.
Battlefield 3 - Page 5 220px-GlennMorshowerApr2011

Multiplayer on the other hand, is complete WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Best multiplayer there is at the moment. Plenty to unlock, and most people seem to be happy enough working together in a squad or as a team to take objectives. The maps generally are brilliant and seem to have been designed primarily for Rush mode as some of them are absolutely brilliantly laid out and great fun to play (Damavand Peak, Caspian Border). There are a couple of maps that certain game modes don't really work on - Operation Metro on Conquest isn't well balanced as US Marines are at a HUGE disadvantage due to the layout of the map, and Rush doesn't really work too well on the Canals level. On the whole though they are brilliant. The soon-to-be released Back to Karkand Pack will also make things even better - Karkand is one of the best multiplayer maps around ftw. Overall multiplayer is brilliant fun, encourages and rewards teamwork (especially for medics and support players). Oh, and fighter jets. WIN.
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:52 am

New COD leaked. wont even take it for free.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Lol typical of COD, always gets hacked before its released. Then it gets hacked when released. Epic lulz. Shall be sticking to BF3 ta very much
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:39 pm

It's no secret that Battlefield 3 is EA's big attempt to grab a piece of Activision's military-based first-person shooter pie. The vehicle-heavy shooter came out of the gate with 5 million in sales, but even before the launch of Modern Warfare 3, its success is put into perspective when pitted against past installments of the Call of Duty franchise.

This battle may last a while.

Xbox Live usage stats posted on Xbox Live director of programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb's blog reveal that Battlefield 3 has garnered a chunk of Xbox Live players in the week following its launch, but the past two Call of Duty games still managed to best it. Stats accounting for unique users from October 24-30 reveal that Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 each had more active players than DICE's latest, putting the Frostbite 2-powered shooter in the third spot.

Those numbers may not come as a shock to EA. During a recent interview, EA COO Peter Moore told GameSpot that the publisher would be happy if Battlefield 3 could bring Call of Duty's 90 percent market share from last year down to around 70 percent. "We don't have to outsell Call of Duty to have a very successful year," said Moore.

More people STILL on MW2 and BO over the new Battlefield?! Honestly surprised to read that, didnt expect their fans to be THAT into it all this time.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:28 pm

It's more a case that a large majority of xbox owners are casual gamers who just play cod (and FIFA) - its simple and easy to play and other games such as battlefield or halo are too complex for them - cod is simply point and aim, nothing else. That's why its so popular and they're willing to shell out for the same game every year. Cod is always gonna outsell battlefield due to casual gamers. Battlefield players are much more hardcore
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Bit like mainstream music, quick, braindead and appeals to the lowest common denominator, sold en masse to milk a market dry.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Alterz wrote:Bit like mainstream music, quick, braindead and appeals to the lowest common denominator, sold en masse to milk a market dry.

Pretty much the X-factor of videogames. Very Little substance.
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:57 am

Trololololololololololololololololololol

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/11/04/battlefield-3-vs-modern-warfare-3-player-differences/
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:08 am

Are Dave and myself the only ones still playing this on Xbox? If we could get four together, we could have some nice Squad matches.
Jamie
Jamie
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:09 am

I have it but not been near it since....it came out tbh.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum