Hangar 18
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield 3

5 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Battlefield 3 Empty Battlefield 3

Post  Dave Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:32 am

Here's the entire trailer video. I actually want this game NOW

Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 Empty Re: Battlefield 3

Post  Alterz Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:52 am

Dave for some reason embedded videos of your dont work for me but they do for everyone else? Strange.

Anyway, yes I have seen this. It causes erections.

Pre order? Of course.

The earthquake make its look awesome.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:01 am

Hmm that's very odd. Showing on my browser ok. Could be cos I'm using Chrome?

Anyhoo it looks awesome and shall be preordered very soon! Can't believe we have to wait till November to get it though. The day we get it, Keith will have ordered Bad Company 2! Razz
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:32 am

Aye I expect him to get Forza 3 when the new one comes out.

Looks awesome though - videos with embedding I think its the server, when I go to post a reply I can see video grand, just not in the actual thread, strange thing.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:45 am

Hmm I think I'll just refrain from embedding, and lazylink instead!

Aye there's a bit of a conundrum - Forza 4 I think comes out at around the same time as Battlefield 3 - provided funds are ample, November will be epic for games! Really hope Keith hurries up though and gets Forza/Battlefield. Watched him play Bad Company at mine the other day after football -was hilarious
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:50 am

My brother has Black Ops and MW2, and hes godawful at both, took him 9 shots with a sniper to hit a guy who was stationary....I say 9, he was killed twice before he could do it.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:52 am

LOLZ!!!! He actually sounds like Keith playing it! Had keith playing rush mode on Atacama Desert, but he seemed happy enough to run out into the open everytime and.........die
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:54 am

The rush/conquest thing is amazing for leveling up, nothing like 3 people in a tank blowing the living fuck out of ....everyone and everything!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:17 am

So true, me and this other guy were in a tank on the really big conquest map with the windmills - just parked at each flag and blew everything to pieces, then onto the next flag. Worked surprisingly well!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:47 am

Done that myself, three in a tank, and the other in a chopper, flag at a time, they had no chance, pinned them to the back of the map and shot the living hell outa them, won it in no time.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:52 am

The chopper is win! Can't beat sitting on a minigun in it while raining down fiery death on your enemies! Unless it's a noob flying it and then crash it into the water
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:25 am

Dave wrote: Unless it's a noob flying it and then crash it into the water
Lets just say I have had to have words with some people online in the last few days.....

In other news, World At War arrived, wont get playing it much tonight but 4 day weekend!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:33 am

WIN! W@W is an awesome game, plus it has online modes which I'm sure a lot of people still play ftw.
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mon May 23, 2011 5:08 am

Pure West....

Clicky

Pretty good deal for extra weapons and a map pack, considering its the same price as the normal version of BF3. Strike at Karkand was an awesome map, should be well interesting to see how it does with all the destruction too.
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mon May 30, 2011 5:06 am

It may not be Battlefield 3 but I found it funny. It's also a parody of the original Gears of War "Madworld" Trailer below...

Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Tue May 31, 2011 3:37 am

Em........................ No.

Piss off.

Activision has denied it and denied it, but now it's been revealed – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will feature an online service (that's what Call of Duty Elite is), complete with monthly subscription fees. 'Activision executives said they haven't yet figured out how much to charge for the service, but they expect the cost to be less than fees for comparable online-entertainment services, such as a $7.99-a-month Netflix Inc. movie subscription. Portions of the service will be free, including features inspired by Facebook Inc. that will let Call of Duty players meet for online gun battles with others who share various affiliations and interests. Another feature of the service will give Call of Duty players tools, modeled on those from stock-trading websites, to analyze their performance within the game, gauging factors such as which weapons have been most successful for them in killing enemies.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tue May 31, 2011 3:42 am

It was always coming, despite the denials - Activision have to milk a franchise as much as they can before they run it into the ground. Obviously I will definitely not be buying MW3 now (was considering it just for the single player). Unfortunately, the core of the fanbase (12 to 16 year olds) will of course plough all their parents' money into it. Worst thing is, Bungie offer the exact same service for their Halo games FOR FREE. Shameful.
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Tue May 31, 2011 3:51 am

These releases in November will be the final big ones coming out, genre will go the way of the dodo/guitar hero franchise/bird very soon.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tue May 31, 2011 4:04 am

I think this year's COD will be start of a downhill slope for them - anyone with sense realises the price of the game alone is over the top, let alone paying for a poncey subscription service that other developers are giving for free. I think the shooter genre will be ok - it's been going for 20 years but its these diluted, hand-holding games such as COD that are dead and buried. I'm happy enough paying £40 for the likes of Battlefield because it looks like a proper game where they're putting a fair amount of effort into, plus I've been playing BC2 for over a year now so I reckons I got my moneys worth out of it!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilroy Tue May 31, 2011 5:12 am

Fuck that. Saw the trailer for Battlefield 3 the other day and thought it looked boss. I'll be getting that instead.
Gilroy
Gilroy
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tue May 31, 2011 5:37 am

Damn straight! Judging by what I've seen of Battlefield 3, I think it'll do for Battlefield what Modern Warfare did for Call of Duty - mass popularity. Saying that, Battlefield looks much better on all fronts. Multiplayer should be epic if Bad Company is anything to go by. And you can fly jets! JETS!!!!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Tue May 31, 2011 6:03 am

The leaked emails from Activision are hilarious, even go as far as the heads of the company or the divisions which do the FPS games wanting to milk the franchise for all its worth.

Theyll regret that.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:23 am

I used to think having the Scar Light silenced and sneeking around pinging off enemies at will, with the help of the odd rocket launcher was win.

I was right, HOWEVER, there is something better.

Great sniper rifles and Mortars.

Pure legendary win.

Can go entire rounds without being shot, just spotting, shooting and bombing bad guys!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:35 am

Being a sniper is great fun if you know how to play as one for the team - aka sending in mortars to take out enemy tanks, objectives along with spotting. Too many people get annoyed by snipers, although I can't understand why - the majority camp in the one place and if you get killed by one, it's simply a case of going back to where they were and sticking a knife in their head. GOL sniper ftw though! Love the satisfaction of a headshot!

My favourite loadout is still the G3, with extra grenades, ammunition box and C4 - been using it for months now!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:38 am

Yeah played the african level a few times at the weekend and it is LEGENDARY for sniping when the rest of your team are down in the town (or up, depending what way your attacking from.)

I make more points mortaring and spotting than I do killing, but you level up feckin quick. Not got any great snipers to shout about, but can still ping off the odd headshot per level! and talk about your accuracy going up! 100% in one level the other day!

Always someone better than you though...like the fucker who took me out, from my spawn point in my russian base....in his spawn point from his US base. Unreal hit, over the ENTIRE map. And its fucking huge.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum