Hangar 18
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

360 Winnage

4 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

360 Winnage - Page 4 Empty Re: 360 Winnage

Post  Gerbilmuncher Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:06 pm

..... the best they could come up with was Alan Smith?

Wtf?
Gerbilmuncher
Gerbilmuncher
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:27 am

Id take just crowd noise and a few batshit spaniards anyday over english comentating.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 am

Best thing ever is Spanish commentary - I had it in FIFA 10 and every goal you scored/conceded was hilarious cos the commentators go absolutely bonkers just like they do on the telly
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:20 am

Just bought Lost Odyssey from Amazon for £6 brand new. Its an JRPG made by the break away folk who left Square Enix after FF10 - IE the ones who made Final Fantasy games from the start INCLUDING Nobuo Uesmatsu which was me sold instantly. Sakaguchi also in the credits, so this cant fail to be good. 60+hrs gameplay, 8.2 from IGN, look forward to getting stuck into it!

...After I complete 13 that is.

And GTA4.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Enjoy! Not my kinda game really but seen plenty of good reviews for it, and remember seeing wandrews playing it a lot a while back so it must be good! Seems a proper old school rpg too.

I actually love Solid Snake
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:44 am

Yeah was talking about it to him last night, its basically ye olde final fantasy games again, which I love so thatll be me happy for a long time.

In other news...Am I the only one that thinks GameSpot these days is just a dumbed down, kiddie version of IGN. What ever happened to it? It used to be the be-all-and-end-all of gaming. IGN pisses all over it these days.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Aye gamespot sucks big time, IMO I never really thought much of it. Their video reviews are Sokol awkward as well. IGN is well better as is gamesradar, for it's funny articles. One good thing about gamespot is that it's video reviews are quite in depth
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:22 pm

10 years ago gamespot used to be the be-all-and-end-all of gaming news and reviews, now I find it pretty cringeworthy and not that keen on reading their articles.

IGN have more educated writers it seems so get more to the points I want to read. Ill have to check out radar, dont know it much.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:11 am

Games radar is more about funny articles on games. Some good stuff!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:50 am

In other news this week, just got Elder Scrolls Oblivion for £9 on ebay. Might as well get to know the game before the new ones out...and comes down in price somewhat.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:13 am

I applaud you in your purchase - tis a very very good game. Slightly dated now in terms of graphics and animation but epic fun. Plus £9 is a steal.
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:09 am

It as good as they say it is?

From everything Ive seen, looks like a 360 WoW...apart from no monthly warcraft fees!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Personally I don't think it's as good as everyone says it is, but it is still very good. If you get into it, you'll get plenty of play time out of it. Basically it's a story quest with tons of side quests, markets, exploring, trading, guilds etc
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:19 pm

Aye was reading/watching up on it today. All entirely single player and no multi though aint it?

Nearing the end of disk 2 in Final Fantasy 13 and loving it, really is a great game, the so called linearness of it doesnt really bother me as the story really needs it laid out the way it is. Some nifty wee twists and a really indepth story just keeps going, brilliant stuff. Once you get used to the paradigms/battles its much easier, even 500,000 hp random battles are simple enough, although there is the arguement of some enemies having a little too much hp!

Oblivion will have to wait when it arrives though, want to get through GTA4 and then move onto Lost Odyssey.

Im enjoying this free time after a dissertation!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:45 am

Aye it's completely single player ftw. Lolz by the time you get through GTA and Lost Oddysey, Skyrim will be down to half price! I remember GTA4 being a long enough game!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:10 am

Aye if Im getting BF3 when its out on the day thats a days wages gone right there, so Skyrim can come down in price somewhat...after all, I am rather cheap!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:40 am

Aye I'm gonna do the same, only paying big for games I REALLY want! Battlefield 3 on release day obviously! Then I'll maybe get Halo and Uncharted 3 for Christmas. Skyrim can probably wait until I'm finished with them. Just under 2 months to Battlefield!
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:54 am

In other news, just played the demo for the new Tiger Woods game. Im pretty keen on golf games, enjoyably relaxing, nice wee game, great playing at Augusta too.

Certainly miles better than the new football games coming out.

Amazon can do FIFA 11 and the new Tiger Woods Golf 12 for under £30 together. Money well spent rather than the two new FIFA/PES games.
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilroy Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:57 am

Tiger Woods is boss.
Gilroy
Gilroy
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:14 am

Shame there's no wives carrying out beatings in it though!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:10 am

Alterz wrote:Shame there's no wives carrying out beatings in it though!

I've been waiting patiently for 2 years for that feature and constantly I'm disappointed. Will have to make do with the South Park episode parodying it.

Oh and Tiger Woods FTW. Not Tiger Woods 11 though, it is fail
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Been trying a lot of free, downloadable demos lately, which I think is a fantastic way of trying new games before buying (obviously - but I mean that without having to buy an expensive magazine no one reads...or is that just me from the PSX days?). Here's my thoughts on a few of the ones I got playing around with.

Tiger Woods 12 - The Masters - I enjoy golf games and haven't played any yet, so I thought it was great to play at Augusta, really nice place. The career mode offered is pretty interesting and will give a lot of gameplay, might look into getting this, your caddy even talks away to you.

From Dust - Visually stunning, and really is something to look at on an HD screen, wonderful to simply watch never mind play, its one of those God games where you have control over not everything, but just where the terrain is, sounds a lot more interesting when your playing it, but its challenging and fun, dont think Id download the whole game though, its more of what I would call a flash-type-game for a web browser, only beyond stunning to look at. Worth trying to see what ye think.

Dungeons and Dragons - Daggerdale - was hoping for a good rpg/world of warcraft type game here, similar to the old D&D, but this one felt really poor and lazy. The only communication you have with any NPC's is text read, which is fine, just like all the old FFs etc, but the fact that after each sentence, the characters grunt is very annoying. Also the story feels weak and enemies are just too generic really. Not worth a look at, at all.

Fable 3 - 2 is supposed to be the greatest, but this one was supposed to go that bit further. John Cleese is in the cast, and the storyline is certainly a fun and interesting one, but the repetativeness of talking to your subjects is a real bore - if all you can do is fart or pump fists the whole way through a game to communicate with people, its a real drag, which really lets down a great game. Not as good as what I have seen of 2, although character wise and storywise it is pretty impressive.

Lord of the Rings - War in the North - Two Towers I remember was one of the best games there was for the PS2, so gave this a go, its a good game, you jump between races (or classes - mage, elves with their arrows etc, you know the films...) to get through the game. Problem is it all feels a bit too simple and can be completed by a lot of button bashing which takes away the fun of it all. Doubt Id pay for it, even though I liked the demo.

Dante's Inferno - Seriously wanted something epic here to match ...well, Dantes Inferno, and knew to expect something similar to God of War....but christ, its a CARBON COPY of God of War - even the attack moves you do are identical - anyone recall attacking with Square-Square-Triangle for a mega attack ending in Kratos' two blades slamming through any buggers in their path? Yeah, happens here too. It really should have been a game that was a real epic tale and had a lot of excitment in it - but the makers seemed to piss away all the epicness that they could have had from the actual Dantes Inferno, and tried to cash in on GoW. Poor.

Portal - Still Alive - Even though nearly everyone here has Portal from the orange box, this is worth a look at the same time - it basically adds an extra 14 more challenge (and fuck I mean challenge) levels to the game, but there is also the added bonuses of going back and getting stuff for doing them faster/with less portals/in less steps etc. Great fun again and worth the 5er that it is on xbox live. Great stuff.

Downloading Bioshock demo at the minute - everyones harping on about it so might as well give er a go!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Go for Fable 2 over 3 - 3 is good but 2 is so much better! As for Bioshock, it got rave reviews all round but to be honest I thought it was crap! Tiger woods masters is pretty good too, much better than 11
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Alterz Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:04 am

Aye 3 looks great.

Heard a lot about Bioshock but not sure what to expect, will find out when it downloads over the weekend though, although Ive enough games yet to complete in the near future!
Alterz
Alterz
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:47 pm

I would also recommend Just Cause 2. It's basically the game I wanted GTA4 to be - open world island, go anywhere, do anything, fly jets, choppers, drive tanks, cause chaos, blow stuff up. And its massive - I've played it for 12 hours and only completed 10% of the game. There's plenty to do and it plays really well. And most places sell it for only a tenner.
Dave
Dave
Forum Demigod
Forum Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum